This classic buffalo wings recipe take crispy wings and toss them in a spicy buffalo sauce. These buffalo wings are what party food dreams are made of.
5 lbs chicken wings, wing pieces, drums, or flats
vegetable oil for frying
For the buffalo wing breading:
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
6 tsp cornstarch
Hot Wing Sauce:
8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 c hot sauce (I use Frank’s Hot Sauce)
4 tbsp Tabasco sauce
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
4 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the hot wing sauce:
- Melt butter in saucepan on low heat.
- Add hot sauce, tabasco, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Whisk all ingredients and combine well.
- Remove sauce from heat, and set aside for later.
How to make buffalo wings:
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 200 to keep wings warm between batches.
- Line baking pan or dish with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Heat oil in fryer to 360.
- Combine cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cornstarch into large mixing bowl.
- Place dried wings in bowl with breading mix.
- If bowl has lid then shake until wings are coated. If bowl does not have lid, then toss wings until they are coated well.
- Fry wings for 10-12 minutes per batch. (Approximately 6 wings per batch)
- Place fried wings on paper towel lined baking dish, and then place in 200 oven to keep warm.
- Continue steps 8 and 9 until all batches are complete.
- Remove paper towel from baking dish, and pour sauce over wings.
- Mix wings thoroughly to ensure that they are well coated with sauce.
- Devour those bad boys!
Be sure to add in some fresh veggies, and ranch or blue cheese for buffalo wing dipping deliciousness.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10-12 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 wings
- Calories: 688
- Sodium: 2298mg
- Fat: 53g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: buffalo wings recipe, hot wings recipe, how to make buffalo wings, hot wing sauce