This caprese crostini appetizer recipe takes everything that you love about caprese salad, and elevates it to the next level. With creamy mozzarella, juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, and the most amazing balsamic reduction. This simple party appetizer will be a crowd favorite for sure!
- 1 loaf Italian Bread or Baguette
- 1/2 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 16 oz Mozzarella, shredded or sliced
- 5–6 Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil (chiffonade, chopped, or torn)
- 3 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat balsamic vinegar on low heat, and maintain a light simmer.
- Slice bread into toast points.
- Drizzle EVOO on each toast point.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on each toast point.
- Add mozzarella to each toast point, and top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake toast points for about 10 minutes.
- Cook balsamic reduction until it reaches a syrup like consistency.
- Top toast points with basil, and a heavy handed drizzle of the balsamic reduction. Enjoy!
You can use either fresh mozzarella balls, or shredded mozzarella. Both will work well for this recipe!
This caprese crostini recipe is super flexible, and family friendly. Feel free to omit ingredients, or swap ingredients to fit even the pickiest of eaters taste buds!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 16
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: caprese recipe, caprese appetizer, caprese crostini, caprese crostini appetizer recipe