Take your family meal prep game to the next level with this super easy make ahead bacon recipe. You can make a big batch of bacon in just a few minutes, and it comes out perfectly crispy every time.
- 1 lb or more of your favorite packaged bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with heavy duty aluminum foil. Be sure to wrap it tightly around all 4 sides of the cookie sheet.
- Place strips of bacon on the cookie sheets.
- Bake the bacon in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until you reach your desired level of crispness.
- Be sure to rotate pans in the oven at about 10-15 minute mark. This makes sure all of the bacon reaches even cooking levels.
- Once bacon has finished baking in the oven. Allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bacon from cookie sheets, and place on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Once bacon has finished draining you can place in freezer bags to go into the refrigerator.
- If you want to freeze the cooked bacon. Place some freezer paper or parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and then add a layer of bacon on top. Add another piece of freezer or parchment paper on top of the bacon, and then add another layer of bacon on top of that.
- Repeat this process for 3-4 layers.
- Allow bacon to freeze for 2- 3 hours.
- Remove bacon from freezer, and place into freezer bags. I like to separate the bacon out into portions that I will be using during the week.
- To reheat frozen bacon: Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge, and then heat on a paper towel lined plate in the microwave in 20 second intervals. Heat until you reach your desired level of heat and crispiness. If you forget to thaw, place the frozen bacon on a paper towel lined plate and heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 9
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: og
Keywords: make ahead bacon, how to bake bacon in the oven, how to bake crispy bacon