These mermaid cupcakes are sure to brighten your day! With vibrant frosting, surprise sprinkles stuffed inside, and the delicious mermaid bark on top. These easy mermaid cupcakes are perfect for your child’s mermaid birthday party, or a Summer time pool party too!
- favorite yellow cake box mix
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
Mermaid Cupcake Filling:
- candyfetti sprinkles
Mermaid Cupcake Frosting:
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
- 6 c confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla bean paste
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- purple, blue, green food color or icing color
Mermaid Cupcakes Topper:
- Mix cake mix according to directions, and add 1 tbsp of vanilla bean paste to the mix.
- Bake cake mix according to cupcake baking directions.
- Allow cupcakes to cool on wire rack.
- Add 4 sticks of unsalted butter and 1 cup of sifted confectioners sugar to stand mixer.
- Beat on low to medium low until ingredients are blended well.
- Slowly add in 2 cups of sifted confectioners sugar to mixer while beater is on low. (About 1 cup at a time)
- Add in 2 tbsp of vanilla bean paste to frosting, and mix well.
- Slowly add in 4 tbsp of whole milk to frosting, and mix well.
- Add in the remaining 3 cups of sifted confectioners sugar slowly to the mixer, and mix well. (About 1 cup at a time)
- Separate frosting into 3 bowls.
- Add food coloring to frosting in each bowl. Making one bowl of frosting green, the other purple, and the last one teal.
- Add frosting to piping bags, and 3 color coupler.
Decorating Mermaid Cupcakes:
- Using decorating tip 1A (circle) press down on center of cupcake, and remove middle. Do not push all the way through the cupcake.
- Remove middle of cupcake as gently as possible.
- Add candyfetti sprinkles to center.
- Place middle of cupcake top back on cupcake.
- Using 3 color coupler with star tip 1M pipe the frosting on the cupcakes in small spurts. Simply press the bag and allow a little bit of frosting out and stop pressing the bag.
- Start piping frosting in the center of the cupcake, and work your way around the cupcake in a circle.
- Vertically press mermaid bark into frosting in the center of the cupcake.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 16 cupcakes
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: mermaid cupcakes, mermaid birthday party, easy mermaid cupcakes, mermaid party, mermaid party food