This breakfast casserole has a golden brown crescent base, topped with sausage, and a ton of ooey gooey melted cheese. Whether it is for breakfast or brunch you are going to love this easy sausage breakfast casserole recipe!
1 lb breakfast sausage
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
6 baby bella or button mushrooms, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
8 oz cream cheese
1 crescent roll sheet or crescent roll can
2 cups colby jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
Optional garnish – 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven according to crescent sheet or crescent roll directions.
- Brown sausage and veggies in pan on medium heat.
- Spread and press crescent sheet into 13×9 pan. DO NOT grease or spray pan!
- Bake crescent sheet for 10 minutes.
- Once sausage mixture is finished cooking, add in the cream cheese.
- Allow cream cheese to melt, and mix thoroughly.
- Once crescent sheet is finished baking, add sausage mixture to crescent sheet.
- Top sausage casserole with shredded cheese.
- Place casserole back in oven, and bake for another 5-7 minutes. Or until cheese is melted, and crust is golden.
- Allow the sausage breakfast casserole to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into 12 slices, and garnish with green onions.
Feel free to mix up the veggies, and add eggs if you want!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: easy sausage breakfast casserole recipe, breakfast casserole, sausage casserole, sausage casserole recipe, christmas breakfast casserole, brunch casserole recipe, make ahead casserole