These quick, easy, and freezer friendly beef enchiladas are the perfect make ahead meal. With an amazing enchilada sauce, and cheese melt in your mouth cheese piled high, these beef enchiladas are a dinner idea that your whole family will love!
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 2 28oz enchilada sauce (My fave is A la Orden)
- 2 cups colby jack cheese (shredded)
- green onions (optional garnish )
- sour cream (optional garnish)
- First you will add all seasonings to ground beef while browning on medium heat.
- After you drain the meat, add it back to the pan.
- Next, toss the meat in about 1/4-1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Just enough to coat the meat.
- Now you will heat the corn tortillas in the microwave. (About 5-10 seconds per tortilla in the microwave.)
- Coat the bottom of the disposable pans in enchilada sauce.
- Place a spoonful of meat in center of corn tortilla, roll the filled tortilla, and place in the disposable pan.
- Once the pan is full, top all enchiladas with enchilada sauce. Be generous.
- If you are freezing – Stop here. Wrap top of pan in foil, and add top, and place in freezer. When you are ready to bake, allow the enchiladas to thaw. Bake on 350 for 15 minutes, then add the cheese. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melted. If you don’t have time to thaw – Remove top from pan, but leave foil on. Bake on 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until enchiladas are heated through. Add cheese on top of enchiladas, and bake for additional 5-10 minutes.
- Bake enchiladas on 350 for about 15 minutes.
- Pull the enchiladas from the oven, and top with cheese
- Put the enchiladas back in the oven, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Allow cooked enchiladas to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Enjoy! Feel free to add any toppings you desire. My family loves to add sour cream and green onions
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 16
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: beef enchiladas, freezer friendly beef enchiladas, beef and cheese enchiladas