Taco soup is a hearty and delicious dish that is perfect for any time of year. If you are looking for a quick and easy meal to put together on busy nights, this is it!
- 1 pound ground beef or chicken
- 1 bag of frozen peppers & onions
- 1–2 cans of beans of choice, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes. Diced green chilies optional.
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 jar of salsa
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef or chicken until it is fully cooked.
- Place the beef at the bottom of the crock pot and add the frozen bag of peppers & onions.
- Add your beans of choice, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the jar of salsa.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
- Enjoy and top with your choice of sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado or tortilla strips.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours