50 Summer Bucket List Ideas For The Whole Family
I don’t know about you, but I can hardly believe May is over! Cue the music…School’s Out for Summer!
Summer break means fun and excitement, while simultaneously causing dread and anxiety to mothers everywhere! Ahem…you know it does, who are you kidding? 😉
Well, have no fear because I have just the thing to cure what ails you! The Summer Bucket List.
This Summer our family decided to put together a list of all of the things that we would like to see, create, and do over the Summer break.
We gathered our family around, and everyone got to contribute. Even our youngest had suggestions…who may have been a little hard to understand, but I think I got all of her suggestions written down. 🙂
This is such a fun thing to do, because the kiddos answers may surprise you. Our oldest suggested things that weren’t even on my mommy radar.
The Summer Bucket List is great for planning out your day, and also for those times when boredom hits…you can proudly exclaim ‘Let’s look at our Bucket List!’
We like to put our Summer Bucket List on display in the kitchen so everyone passes by it daily. The kiddos also LOVE getting to mark things off of the list too.
Since you may be asking yourself ‘Sounds great, but where do I start?’. I thought I would share some examples of what is on our list to get you started.
- Get first library card
- Go bowling – Check out Kids Bowl Free
- Make Snowcones
- Have an outdoor movie night
- Take a mini weekend road trip
- Pick strawberries
- Visit a museum
- Tour your own city – This is really fun! Act like a tourist in your own town.
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle
- At least 3 Playdates with friends
- Paint a picture
- Go to an arcade
- Play putt putt golf
- Visit a park
- Make tie dye t-shirts
- Make our own Minute to Win It game complete with prizes
- Go to a drive in movie
- Visit the zoo
- Service project of your choice
- Dance in the rain on a rainy day
- Go to a baseball game
- Go roller skating
- Fly a kite
- Have a pajama party – let the kids stay up a little late, have popcorn, and play games
- Dance party – everyone gets a chance to show off their favorite moves
- Have a picnic
- Make some treats and share with neighbors
- Visit a farmer’s market
- Make homemade ice cream
- Plant an herb garden
- Slip and slide races
- Have a backyard campfire complete with S’mores
- Make a sidewalk chalk masterpiece
- Watch fireworks
- Gaze at the stars
- Make giant bubbles – recipe for giant bubbles here
- Build a sandcastle
- Go swimming
- Catch fireflies
- Get ice cream from an ice cream truck
- Water balloon fight
- Go camping
- Scavenger Hunt
- Put on your own play
- Make popsicles
- Write a story
- Summer Reading Program
- Paint Pet Rocks
- Yes Day – this is a day where you have to YES to everything (within reason of course!)
- High Five Mom because she is AWESOME!
I hope you fall in love with this new tradition as much as our family has. It is such a great way to stay connected as a family, and a wonderful way for us moms to keep it together over the break.
I’m linking up with Erin at Perfectly Port Family where fellow mommy bloggers are sharing their bucket list ideas.
Because I love my ladies, I have included a Summer Bucket List printable to help you get started. Happy Summer Bucket Listing! XO
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Love this bucket list! There’s a few I need to do! Plus some to save for the future!
Yay! I am so glad you found some new things to do. I hope you and your family have a blast this summer!
Comments are closed.