Whether you are looking for a low calorie option or just a new salad recipe, you are going to want to save this recipe!
Low Calorie Big Mac Salad
This Big Mac Salad has all of the great flavors and textures of a Big Mac without the bun. Don’t worry you won’t even miss it!
The only downfall of a traditional Big Mac is that it’s not necessarily the healthiest option. Which is why a Big Mac salad gets you all the flavors without the extra calories!
Ground beef, cheese, pickles and my homemade Big Mac sauce is what brings this recipe to life! Traditional Big Macs have onions and no tomatoes but if those are things you enjoy, feel free to toss them into the salad!
Recipe Variations to Try
- Switch up the salad mix. You can choose any salad mix that you enjoy. Traditionally Big Macs use iceberg lettuce but you can sub out Romaine, Butter Lettuce, Baby Spinach, or mixed greens.
- Change the meat. You can use lean turkey, bison, sirloin, or ground turkey for your Big Mac salad. You can even choose a vegetarian option such a tofu, tempeh, or seitan.
- Add your toppings. You can swap out the cheese for any variation that you enjoy or top it with any veggies of your choice.
Time Saving Tips
- Use a bag of salad mix instead of chopping a head of lettuce
- Substitute with a different dressing of your choice.
- Use pre-shredded cheese
- Cook the meat in advance, then reheat for a quick and easy meal!
Enjoy this low calorie spin on the traditional Big Mac by making it into a salad variation. This is an easy meal to make if you have a busy night or just want to satisfy a craving.
- 1 lb ground beef
- Head of lettuce, baby spinach, mixed greens or greens of your choice.
- 1 tomato or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 1/4 cup cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Big mac sauce or sub Thousand Island dressing
- Over a medium high skillet, add the 1 tbs of oil and your protein of choice.
- Cook the meat until brown and add the onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- Once the meat is cooked, drain and place into a sperate dish to cool.
- Wash, dry, and chop the lettuce.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, & other toppings you want to add
- Layer your salad starting with the greens first, add the meat, top with onions, tomatoes, cheese, & other toppings you want to enjoy.
- Top with the special Bic Mac sauce or trade that out for dressing of choice.
*See Big Mac Sauce recipes for homemade version.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes