This Halloween pick a costume your kid will love! With over 100 kids Halloween costume ideas this list has got you covered!
This post contains affiliate links. See Disclosure Policy here.
Kids love Halloween! They get to dress up, and beg for candy. What is not to love?
But honestly, during Halloween there is a magical excitement in the air, and I must admit I love it too!
I will shamelessly admit that yes, I am one of those full on Halloween costume planners that adores a family theme!
However, there is one thing that I absolutley do not like about Halloween. The stores! Oh my gosh!
There is no such thing as “let me run into this store real quick and grab a costume!” They are terror driven madhouses, with poor Elsa wigs and light sabers flying all over the place!
So, to save your time and sanity I have you a list of over 100 Halloween costume ideas for kids that you can buy online! Insert praise hands!
And, to save you even more of YOUR time I have this list narrowed down by Girls, Boys, Toddler, Infant, and even sibling Halloween costume ideas! So, get to reading and scrolling, and get your shopping done!
Preferably with your favorite beverage in hand!
PIN IT FOR LATER TO YOUR HALLOWEEN BOARD
When it comes to picking out a Halloween costume for our girls, there are so many options! They can be their favorite Disney character, or a princess for a day! They can even go full on girl power!
This list of Halloween costume ideas for girls has all the heavy hitters covered! It’s got your princesses, fairies, TV characters, and even rock stars and astronauts!
Girl’s Disney Halloween Costume Ideas
What more can be said about the magicalness of Disney? I mean it takes you to a super special place of mushy gushy feel good, and you can even daydream of being a princess!
What girl wouldn’t want to dress up as her favorite Disney character?
Let’s face it, our girls are not going to ‘let it go’ when it comes to Elsa! She is one of those iconic characters that our kids seem to obsess and obsess over…am i right?
So, if your daughter knows every word to Let It Go, and has day dreams of living in an ice castle. Then, get her this Elsa costume. This costume is for sizes 3-9 years.
And, if she is more of an Anna fan. Which I completely understand, because frankly I am too! Get her this Anna costume. Comes in sizes 4-5 years, 5-6 years, and 7-8 years.
Sibling Halloween Costume Idea: If you have a Toddler or baby this Olaf costume would be perfect with Anna or Elsa!
So, you may know that my daughter Willow and I are both red heads. When I was a young girl, and Ariel emerged onto the scene I was pumped! You mean there is a redhead, and she is a mermaid! Say what?
Then, I watched the Little Mermaid, and could not get enough. Like combing my hair with a dinglehopper obsessed. Yeah, I was let’s say a unique child.
All of this is to say, I didn’t know how Willow would feel about watching a pretty old movie. BUT, she absolutely loved it too!
And, honestly, who doesn’t love a magical mermaid princess? Is there anything better?
So if your daughter is a mermaid lover too, then get her this Ariel Mermaid costume! Comes in sizes XS-Large Plus.
Here are some more Disney Halloween costume ideas for girls:
- Moana costume with Moana’s Magical Seashell necklace Comes in sizes 5-6, 7-8, 9-10
- Belle costume with accessories 5/6, 6/6x, 8/10, and 10/12
- Tinker Bell Comes in size medium that will fit 2.5-5 years old
- Minnie Mouse Comes in sizes 4-6X and 7-8
- The Incredibles Comes in sizes 4-6x
- Nightmare Before Christmas Sally costume Comes in sizes S-L. Sibling Halloween costume idea: Pair this Sally costume with this Jack Skellington costume for a brother and sister!
Girls Princess And Fairy Halloween Costume Ideas
Don’t we all wish that we could be a princess or fairy for the day? We could be regal, and live in a majestic castle. Or, get to fly around and sprinkle magical fairy dust all over the place!
So, if your daughter has daydreams of living the princess or fairy life too. Then, check out these Halloween costume ideas!
- Butterfly Fairy Costume Costume comes in sizes 3-8 years
- Fairy Princess costume Costume comes in a ton of colors, and is for ages 3-6.
- Butterfly princess dress with Light Up Glass Slippers Costume comes in sizes 4-8 years.
- Princess Peach costume with Princess Peach Gloves Comes in sizes S-L. Sibling Halloween costume idea: Dress up her brother as Mario or Luigi.
TV And Movie Characters Girls Halloween Costume Ideas
Our girls love their movie and TV characters! If your daughter is anything like mine then you have got PJ Masks on lockdown in your house.
We get it! TV and movies can take you to a pretty special time and space. Where, our girls can be absolutely anything!
So, whether she is a fellow PJ Masks fan, or gets excited at the thought of being a Ghostbuster! She is sure to find something on this list!Does your daughter love Owlette? Whew mine sure does! And, you gotta admit she is pretty cool! She is super smart, and has owl powers! She also knows how to show those boys who is boss too…which happens regularly in my house as well. 😉
So, if your daughter is a fan like mine, then she will love this Owlette costume. Costume comes in size 4-6x.
Do you remember the first time you saw The Wizard of Oz? There is something so fantastical about that movie. Whether it is the craziness of flying houses, or the wicked witch, and let’s not get started on those flying monkeys!
But most of all! The true spirit of Oz shines in Dorothy! And, of course the special friends that she meets along the way! There really is no place like home!
Here are some other TV and Movie character Halloween costume ideas:
- Ghostbuster Costume with Proton Pack Projector Comes in sizes S-L
- Shopkins Lippy Lips costume! Costume comes in sizes Small(4-6X) and Medium(7-8)
- Shopkins Strawberry costume. Comes in sizes Small (4-6) and Medium (7-8)
- Shimmer and Shine Rubie costume Comes in sizes XS and S
- Paw Patrol Skye costume. Comes in size Small. Sibling Halloween Costume Idea: If her brothers want in on the Paw Patrol action too, be sure to check out these Chase and Marshall costumes.
Unique Girls Halloween Costume Ideas
You already know that your daughter is pretty stinking special! And, she may want to venture outside of the box when it comes to her Halloween costume! Don’t you just adore those unique personalities!
This list of costumes is perfect for those that get a kick out of coloring outside of the lines, and dance like no one is watching!
First off, if you have a choice to be a unicorn, then duh! You be a majestic unicorn! Every.single.time.
And, your little girl doesn’t want to be just any unicorn! She is wants to be the princess over all of the unicorns! I mean, who can blame her?
With that said, she NEEDS this Unicorn Princess costume! This costume is as unique as it is beautiful! Keeping it real, I want that headband for myself! 😉
And the tulle skirt comes in multiple colors too! You will be sure to find the perfect match for your unicorn lover! This costume comes in sizes 5-9 years.
Here is a list of more unique Halloween costumes for girls:
- Peacock costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Funky Punky Bones Comes in sizes S-L
- Haunted Beauty costume Comes in girls sizes 4-16
- Gumball machine costume Comes in sizes S-L
Girl Power Halloween Costume Ideas
When it comes to our girls, we know that there is absolutely nothing that they cannot do! And, we want the whole wide world to know it too! Because, girls totally rock!
Lucky for you, there are a ton of costume options that represent her intelligence, bravery, and downright fierceness! Because, frankly speaking, we wouldn’t have it any other way!
She is smart, crazy strong, and can kick your butt if you disagree. Sounds, somewhere along the lines of my daughter’s personality! 😉
Is your sassy little mover and shaker a Wonder Woman fan too? Clearly, she knows where it’s at! I dig her style!
So, if your daughter is all about some Amazonian princess action, then you have to get her this Wonder Woman costume. This costume comes in girls sizes S-L.
Here are some other girl power costume ideas:
- Astronaut costume with astronaut helmet Comes in sizes 4/6, 6/8, 8/10
- Hooded Huntress costume (think Katniss Everdeen) Comes in girls sizes 8-16
- Hermione Granger costume Comes in girls sizes S-L
- Police Officer costume Comes in girls sizes S-XL
- Pink Rock Star costume with fishnet gloves and inflatable guitar Comes in sizes S-L
- Super Girl costume Comes in sizes S-M
- Star Wars the Force Awakens Rey costume with Rey’s Lightsaber Comes in sizes Small and Large
Other Girls Halloween Costume Ideas
Does your daughter prefer to go the more traditional and classic route with her Halloween costumes? I completely get it!
There is something to be said for the tried and true Halloween costume ideas. They are fun, and playful, and are always a winner!
She is sure to find the perfect costume to match her timeless personality with these ideas:
- Pirate costume Comes in sizes 3-4 years, 6-8 years, and 10-12 years
- Witch costume Comes in sizes 4-15
- Mystical Genie Costume Comes in sizes M and L
- Tiger costume Comes in sizes S-L
When you are a mama to boys the relationship is hard to explain. There is just something so incredibly special about that bond!
And, through your unique relationship, he has taught you a few things! For instance, way more information then you ever needed to know about superheroes, or video games, or Star Wars, or fart jokes. I digress!
With that said, you want your special guy to stand out, and be all smiles in his Halloween costume of choice! He is sure to find the perfect one on the list!
Boys Superhero Halloween Costume Ideas
When it comes to the ultimate costume that is perfect for boys, you absolutely cannot go wrong with superheroes!
There is something about those crime fighters that ignites their hearts! I mean, who wouldn’t want to fly, or shoot spider webs, or keep our world as we know it safe? That’s some epically cool stuff!
I mean that guy has it together. Well, as much as superheroes can actually have it together.
Does your son daydream of being Clark Kent? And, are his nighttime dreams are filled to the brim with fighting off the bad guys, and keeping the rest of us mere mortals safe? Then he is definitely a Superman fan!
So, if your son is all about some Superman, then be sure to grab him this classic Superman costume! Costume comes in sizes S-L.
Here are some more superhero costume ideas for boys:
- Batman costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Muscle Batman costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Black Panther costume with Black Panther gloves Comes in sizes S-L
- Flash costume Costume comes in sizes S-L
- Muscle Flash costume Comes in sizes S-XL
- Spider Man costume with Spider Man gloves Comes in sizes S-XL
- Power Rangers costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Incredibles costume Comes in sizes 4-6x Sibling Halloween Costume Idea: If you have a baby in the family be sure to check out this Baby Jack Incredibles costume!
Boys Star Wars Halloween Costumes
If you have a son, then you are probably well aware of all that is the great and mighty Star Wars! It is definitely an epic classic. And, completely understandable why our little guys have dreams of using the Force!
If your son finds himself gazing off into literal outer space, dreaming of fighting the bad guys with the force, then he might be a Star Wars fan! And, not just a Star Wars fan, but a Luke Skywalker fan!
Which, I cannot blame him! In case you didn’t know, Team Rebel is where it’s at! And, Luke is so cool! He gets to use the force, and pull Jedi mind tricks, and swoosh around a lightsaber! Really, does it get any more fantastic than that? Ummm, nope!
Sibling Halloween Costume Ideas: If you have a baby in the family why not dress them up in this baby Yoda costume to keep with the Star Wars theme!
Now, I completely understand that there are a multitude of other characters within the Star Wars movies. And, not everyone is all about Luke Skywalker.
So, if your son prefers other Star Wars characters to Luke Skywalker, then check out these other ideas:
- Jedi Knight costume and Jedi Lightsaber Comes in sizes S-L
- Kylo Ren costume and Kylo Ren’s Lightsaber Comes in sizes S and L
- Darth Vader costume and Darth Vader’s Lightsaber Costume comes in sizes XS-XL
- Stormtrooper costume Comes in sizes S-L
Boys Video Game Halloween Costume Ideas
Our boys do love their video games! Whether it is a classic video game, or a newer and better version of what is trending. They seriously cannot get enough!
So, in honor of those gamers that we love so much. Why not let them dress up as their favorite video game character this year?If your son has been playing video games for any amount of time, then you for sure know all about Minecraft! And, if your son isn’t quite old enough, just wait for it. Because, he will!
Seriously, before they even begin playing video games they are watching Minecraft on You Tube! It is a mild obsession that has them hooked!
So, if your son is a fan that celebrates all things Minecraft. Then be sure to get him this Minecraft character Steve costume. Comes in sizes S-L.
And, don’t forget his sword and pickaxe! Because Steve must have it to do all of his mining and crafting things!
Here are more video game character costume ideas:
- Super Mario Bros Mario costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Super Mario Bros Luigi costume in sizes S-L
- Legend of Zelda Link costume and Link’s sword and shield Costume comes in sizes S-XL
Other Boys Halloween Costume Ideas
Does your son prefer to keep things simple and classic with his Halloween costume choice? That is totally cool!
Timeless costume choices are like the little black dress or perfect white tee. You absolutely cannot go wrong with them! Honestly, I admire your son’s steadfast and loyal personality! That’s amazingness right there!
So, if he prefers to stick with a timeless costume choice then he will love these ideas!
- Phantom costume and Grim Reaper Scythe Comes in sizes Medium and Large
- Pokemon Pikachu costume Comes in sizes XS-XL
- King Robe and Crown set Fits ages 3-6
- Cowboy costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Harry Potter costume and striped tie and glasses Comes in sizes S-L Sibling Halloween Costume Idea: If your son has a sister that wants in on the Hogwarts action, then check out this Hermione Granger costume!
- Joker Costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Ghostbuster costume and Proton Pack Projector Comes in sizes S-L
- Ninja costume Costume comes in sizes S-XL
- PJ Masks Catboy costume or Gecko costume Comes in sizes 4-6 and 7-8
- Pirate costume Comes in sizes 3-4 years, 6-8 years, 10-12 years
- UPS delivery costume Comes in size 4-6
- Astronaut costume and Astronaut Helmet Costume comes in sizes 4/6, 6/8, 8/10
- Police officer costume Comes in sizes S-L
Ahhh the sweet magic that is toddlers at Halloween! They are now able to walk and even run, and how cute are they bounding up to front doors proudly exclaiming trick or treat!
Bless their precious little hearts! It is enough to make this mama’s heart explode!
And, we all know that their costumes have got to be on point! They will be making their first Trick or Treat debut!
With their favorite TV characters, superheroes, and timeless, and unique costume choices. You will for sure find the perfect Halloween costume for your toddler!
Toddler Girl Halloween Costume Ideas
How sweet and precious are our little toddler girls? Or, if you are in the same situation as me, let’s add fierce to that list as well! 😉
You want to find the right costume to show off her distinct personality, and make sure that she shines like the little superstar that she is! I totally get it!
With everything from unique, to princess, to superhero. These costume ideas have got you covered!
Does your toddler like to stand out, and be completely unique! Duh! Of course she does.
She is strong, and fierce, and as cute as a button! And, she might have a little sass to go with it. Not, that I would know anything about that one.
If you are looking for a one of a kind, and absolutely precious costume, I think this one fits the bill! Because, I for one am gushing over this adorable Donut costume! Comes in size Toddler 12-24 months.
I mean SO cute!
Here is a list of great Halloween costume for Toddler Girls:
- Unicorn Princess costume Comes in size is 2-4 years
- Paw Patrol Skye costume Comes in sizes Toddler(1-2 years) and Small(3-4 years)
- PJ Masks Owlette costume Comes in sizes Small 2T and Medium 3-4T
- Witch costume Comes in sizes 2-3T and 3-4T
- Tinker Bell costume Comes in size Small (1-2T)
- Gumball machine costume Comes in sizes 2T and 4T
- Scarecrow costume Comes in sizes 3-4T and 4-6T
- Moana costume Comes in sizes 2-3T, 3-4T, and 4T-5
- Ariel Mermaid costume Comes in sizes 3T-4T Sibling Halloween Costume Idea: If your daughter has a baby sister check out this adorable Octopus costume to dress her up as Ursula!
- Belle costume Costume comes in sizes 2T/3T, 3T/4T, 4T/5
- Shark costume Comes in sizes 1-2T
- Butterfly costume Comes in sizes 2-4T
- Princess Peach costume Comes in sizes 2T and 3-4T
- Anna costume Comes in sizes 2-3 years and 3-4 years
- Minnie Mouse costume Comes in sizes 2T and 3-4T
- Wizard of Oz Dorothy costume and her Ruby Slippers and Toto too! Comes in sizes 1-2T
- Super Girl Tutu dress Comes in size Toddler
Toddler Boy Halloween Costume Ideas
Can we talk about how cute our little toddler boys are? I mean the smiles, and cheeks, and most likely dirty hands. They make our hearts melt!
And, they are probably super pumped to pick out their Halloween costume too! And, what’s this! People give me candy? Yep, it is a pretty exciting time for our sweet boys!
If your little boy is all about some pirate or Paw Patrol action. Or, if he wants to be a crime fighting ninja. There is something on this list of Halloween costumes that he will love!
If you find yourself singing the Baby Shark song to yourself because you have heard it on repeat about a bajillion times. Then, I would like to give you a big ole hug! Mostly, because I feel your pain. But, also because I am a hugger!
For the life of me, can you please tell me what the obsession with this song is? No, really! Send help, because we are drowning in the Baby Sharkness!
My thoughts are if you can’t beat them, then join them! And, what better way to jump on your little guy’s bandwagon than with this adorable Shark costume. Comes in sizes 1-2T. Heck! Let the whole family dress up as sharks too! Maybe it will finally get this song out of their system!
Here are some more great Toddler Boy Halloween Costume Ideas:
- Pirate costume Comes in size 3-4T
- Triceratops costume Comes in size Toddler ages 36 months – 4 years
- Paw Patrol Chase costume Comes in size 2-3T
- Paw Patrol Marshall costume Comes in size Toddler (1-2 years) and Small (3-4 years)
- Cowboy costume Comes in sizes 18 mo-2T and XS
- Superman costume Comes in size Toddler
- Olaf costume Comes in sizes Toddler S-L
- Muscle Batman costume Comes in size Toddler
- Robin costume Comes in size Toddler (2-4T)
- Astronaut costume Comes in size 2/3
- Police Officer costume Costume comes in size 3-4 years
- Ninja costume Comes in size Toddler 3-4 years
- Storm Trooper costume Comes in size 2T
- Mario costume Comes in sizes 3-4T
- Luigi costume Comes in sizes 3-4T
- PJ Masks Catboy costume Comes in sizes Small(2T) and Medium(3-4T)
- PJ Masks Gecko costume Comes in sizes Small(2T) and Medium(3-4T)
When it comes to the absolute cutest Halloween costumes ever, look no further than costumes for babies!
Oh my gosh SO incredibly cute! And, there are a ton of great options to keep our snuggly wuggly preciousness warm too. Which is great! Because really could the weather on October 31st be more unpredictable?
So, whether you are on the hunt for a precious animal costume, or a sweet flower. Or, I even found a costume for those of us who need our babies to represent some classic movie characters! You will find the perfect Halloween costume for your sweet baby on this list!
You know it, she knows it, grandma certainly knows it! Now, it is time to let the world know it too!
All concept of time and space are lost when you look into that precious babes eyes. Your heart melts, and swoons, and feels like it may actually burst. You are just so full of love for this sweet baby! It feels magical!
Why not harness that magical and one in a million feeling with this beyond adorable Baby Unicorn costume. Comes in sizes 3-6 months, 6-9 months, and 12 months.
I mean, really! Does it get any more appropriate and precious than this costume? The answer is no! It absolutely does not. Seriously, go get the costume…like now!
Here are some more of the Best Baby Halloween Costumes:
- Pumpkin Tutu Romper costume Comes in sizes 0-6mos, 6-12 mos, 12-18mos, and 18-24 mos
- Paw Patrol Chase costume Comes in size Infant
- Cowboy costume Comes in size 12-18 mos
- Astronaut costume Comes in sizes 6-12 mos and 18 mos
- Pink astronaut baby costume Comes in size 6-12 mos
- Huggable Hippo costume Comes in sizes S-XL
- Baby doll costume Comes in sizes 12-18 months and 18-24 months
- Donut costume Costume comes in size Infant(6-12 months)
- Belle costume Comes in sizes 18-24 months
- Cat costume Comes in sizes XS-L
- Penguin costume Comes in sizes XS-L
- Stay Puff Marshmallow Man costume Comes in sizes 0-6 months and 6-12 months
- Baby Frankenstein costume Comes in sizes Infant XS-L
- Olaf costume Comes in size 12-18 months
- Incredibles 2 Baby Jack costume Comes in sizes 6-12 months and 12-18 months
- Snow White costume Comes in sizes 12-18 months.
- Duck costume Comes in sizes 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-24 months
- Monsters University Sulley costume? Costume comes in sizes 6-12 months and 12-18 months.
- Superman costume Comes in sizes newborn and 6-12 months
- Baby fox costume Comes in sizes 6-12 months and 12-24 months
- Yoda costume Costume comes in size 12-24 months
- Baby Blossom Flower costume Comes in sizes XS-L
- Tootsie Roll costume Comes in size 3-9 months
- Pink Elephant costume Comes in sizes XS-L
- Bear costume Comes in sizes 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months, and 18-24 months
- Pumpkin costume Comes in size 0-24 months
- Octopus costume Comes in sizes XS-L
- Puppy Love costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Wonder Woman costume Comes in sizes 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months, 24 months
- Baby Elvis costume Comes in sizes 0-6 months and 6-12 months
- Strawberry costume Comes in sizes Infant and 1-2 years
- Pig costume Comes in sizes XS-L
- Owl costume Comes in sizes XS-L
- Lil Lobster costume Comes in sizes S-L
- Pineapple costume Comes in sizes 6-9 months, 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months
- Baby Raccoon costume Comes in sizes Small and Large
- Monkey costume Comes in sizes XS-L
- Pinky Winky Monster costume Comes in sizes 6-12 months and 12-18 months
- Baby Dragon costume Comes in sizes XS-L
You Are Now A Halloween Costume Rockstar!
Remember, there is no right or wrong way to do this! It is all about having fun.
Most importantly, it’s all about going through the kid’s candy, and stashing away a few pieces of your favorites.
If for any reason you feel a tinge of guilt about this just remember; you are the one who got the costumes, got them dressed, and walked them around all night. No one needs to know that you got ALL your shopping done from the comfort of your home!
So, did you decide to go with a theme this year, or are you letting everyone do their own thing? Let me know in the comments. I love hearing all the different responses!